Time is of the essence. Time is precious. Time is valuable. We have all heard these sayings at least once in our lives and for good reason. Time is everything at the end of the day. So, if you want to truly excel in life, you must take advantage of and effectively utilize the time that we have. Unfortunately, or fortunately for some people, we do not live on this world forever. Instead, we only have a limited amount of time and years to live.
So how will you spend yours? A common life mistake that many people make is not valuing or optimizing your time. How many hours a day, week or month do you spend doing things that are not necessarily the most productive or beneficial for you? In this day and age of technology, internet and social media, so many people now spend countless numbers of hours scrolling, surfing and engaging with their smartphones.
Importantly, some people may not notice or acknowledge the detrimental impacts this can have on both our physical and mental health. For instance, going on mobile phones excessively can …
- Negatively impact on sleep quality – The light that radiates from phones and screens (i.e., blue light) can tigger the production of certain hormones that make your body become more alert, which hinders sleep.
- Spread bacteria – Phones are some of the dirtiest objects around. This is largely due to the huge number of bacteria that live on them. So, phones can actually spread diseases.
So, if you want to avoid making this common mistake, it is important that you use your time in the most productive and useful way that you can. Importantly, there are many ways and things that you can do to achieve this, which will be listed below.
- If you are on the older side of life, you may wish to go to a place that provides care such as senior living St. Louis, so that you can be taken care of. This is a great way to value and use your time as you do not have to stress or worry about menial task such as cooking or cleaning, because these will all be taken care off for you!
- Another great way to use your time is by exercising – Exercising has many positive health (mental and physical) for your mind and body. So, time spent exercising is extremely valuable and is time spent wisely. Even if you only go on a short 15-30-minute walk per day, exercising is a great way to make use of your time.
- If you want to use your time well, then you must be organized. So, if you do not already own or use a planner or diary (this can be digital or in print), then you should consider doing so. This is because having a planner or diary can help you organize your time better, helping you know how much to time to spend on certain tasks.